Cube Refresh

Hello,

I just wanted to confirm Data Cube Refresh options from the documentation and make sure my understanding was correct. If I do not set a cube to build in memory or build in warehouse and I change the Data Cube Settings to “Disable Data Caching” the data refresh will be done at runtime correct?

The flip side of that question is if I don’t click “Disable Data Caching” the refresh will be done at the point I ask the dataset to refresh through some interaction on the dashboard such as a scripted button or something along those lines?

That’s correct. Sort of. Disable data caching does just that. It disables the data cache, so if you have loaded in data recently, it will cache that data so the metric set using that cube won’t poll the data if it is already there. So disabling data caching would be used if you need up to the minute data live at all times.

Perfect thank you Christian!

You’re welcome! Worth noting that this can also be done on a metric set by metric set basis via the Bypass Data Cache option. In case you need some metric sets to retrieve real time data while others not so much.

1 Like