Cross tab multi calculations table

Multi%20Row%20Table

Is it possible to display a table where the Row Labels are the Measure Names and the values are the results of the measure (see above).
Essentially I am trying to recreate the above Power BI matrix into Dundas DI, where each row is a different measure.

I am also trying to work out if it is possible to write advanced formulas without having to drag in every element into a row or column and then hide them just to get the measure to work by creating a Placeholder.

For example - for the first measure above I would write if($JobType$==Void && $JobStatus$==Complete) return $JobID$) …and then I would place a count rule on the measure.

However when I have tried to create a placeholder, it doesn’t point at the dimension in the data set, unless I drag it into a row or column :unamused:

I know I can do this if I go into the Data Cube and then write a calculated element with the relevant names and rules etc. but I want to allow Power Users to also be able to write their own formulas without the need to edit a cube.

As always, any assistance with this would be great and really appreciated.

Chris

Hi Chris,

In Dundas BI, you can transpose a metric set. That will convert the measures to rows and row hierarchies as columns. Here is an example metric set that I have. Here I have 4 measures Freight, SubTotal, TaxAmt, and Total Due grouped by dates:

Now, to transpose this above table, you can open the data analysis panel, hit the edit icon next to the name of the metric set:

Here you will see an option to transpose the metric set, check this option:

This will transpose the metric set and you will get the table in the required format:

Here is the support article that you can refer to for more details on this option - https://www.dundas.com/support/learning/documentation/analyze-data/metric-set-analysis-tools#h10-more-tools
I hope this answers your question related to the table. Please let me know in case you have any questions about the above approach.

Regards,
Pankaj

Hi Panjak,
Brilliant, that is just the option I was looking for, typically just looking in the completely wrong location for it :smiley:

Thank you