Centering a visualization inside a template grid cell

Hey all!

I’m trying to dock a table to the center of a template cell and not having a lot of success with it. For context, I’ve got a cell that is set to take up 100% of the width of the screen and a table with a set width that I would like to stay centered on the screen regardless of screen size. I have the resize mode set to resize horizontally only. I’ve had some success with creating dummy cells to the left and right of the table, but on smaller screen sizes, the table gets cut off and leaves white space to the sides when I would like the full table to show and reduce the white space instead.

Anybody have any tips on how to center a visualization inside of a template grid cell?

1 Like

Hi Christopher,

The issue could be due to the set width of the table. Is there any specific reason to have a set width for the table? If not, you can select ‘Auto Fit columns to Fill’ option under Table ‘Properties’ > ‘Layout’ tab. This should align the table to the center of the screen.

Hey Siddhant, thanks for replying!

The table is relatively large with 17 columns and each column has a set width to keep the data easily readable.

But with that being said, I’ve tried clicking the “Auto Fit columns to Fill” option and removing the column widths, but the table still docks to the left side of the template grid cell. Ideally, I’d like a way to dock the table to the center of the cell.

1 Like

Hi Christopher,

In this case, we will have to replicate it on our end. Could you please share the dashboard export with us through an email at support@dundas.com?

Hi Siddhant,

Thanks to your help, I realized that the underlying metric set also had set column widths that were superseding the table settings. I’ve now got the table always centered, which is a step in the right direction, but the table looks stretched on larger screens. Ideally, I’d still like to be able to keep a table with a maximum width centered or to set a maximum size for the dashboard. Do you know of any way to accomplish either of those options?

Thanks for your help!

Hi Christopher,

The dashboard will adjust the content on the screen depending on the set width and size. If there are multiple columns with different widths, the dashboard will present the table depending on the set widths for each columns. For now, there is no option to set a fix width to keep the visualization(with different widths for columns) at center on all screens.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

1 Like