Calendar filter & ORA-01008: not all variables bound

I have a manual SQL query that pulls two columns to use on a dashboard. One is a long string created by string addition and it works fine when it's all by itself on the dashboard.

The other is a “posted date” which is a datetime object from the db and I attach a time hierarchy to it in the datacube.

My sql query works fine in both my SQL developer and in the datacube. I do not have any null “posted date” values in any of my data.

I’m trying to attach a calendar range / range date to the posted date and the minute I do I get this error:

ORA-01008: not all variables bound

Normally date filters are super easy. Any ideas why I am getting this error?

And normally I'm fine at working out ORACLE errors in my PL SQL Developer but this make no sense since I cannot reproduce it in my PL SQL Developer. It seems like some sort of connectivity issue maybe?

If I had this problems these are the steps I would take (shoot gun approach not being able to take an actual look)

Look at the time Dimension you applied to see if it includes all date ranges the data does,

take the time dimension off,

try putting the same filter in the data cube

try filtering at the metric set level

Wait I see you have the filter for May 01, to May 01 try opening it up to two day that you know have data (not familuer with your data just eliminating that small chance).

Edit:

Yes if none of that helps you find it contact support.

This one will require a closer look. I asked a Support associate to contact you for a video meeting.

Hi James,

Thanks for the sugestions.

Originally my default was ALL on my dashboard and the data shows up then. If I select one data though it breaks. I’m guessing it is something about the date mapping between the built in time hierarchy and the filter object (I called this connectivity below).

I tried the filter on the datacube when it had the time heirachy. I might give yorur suggestion a try too, if I have time before my support GTM later today.

Support contacted me and I’m hoping to have a resolution this afternoon.

did it get fixed? what was the solution?

I spoke with support on Tuesday and they were not able to help me during the call. I’ve sent the data (scrubbed) plus the exported dbie. I am still waiting to hear back.

Prior to the call I did find some time to work on this. I did notice that my date field is actually a timestamp field so I wondered if that was the issue. I tried to cast it to a Date, trunc it and finally use to_char wrapped in a to_date to see if I could trick it. No luck. I'm failry sure it is a problem between the filter and the data, but I don't understand what the problem is.