Built-in reports on an object’s status? (dashboards, cubes, etc)

Does Dundas have a way to tell me

• What objects are checked out?
  • Who has them checked out?
  • Any abandoned objects, especially data cubes?
  • Anything else that might be interesting such as how often a dashboard gets used, by whom and what times?

I am running version 4.0.2.1008

Yes for most of your questions:

• What objects are checked out?

You can see those using the icons on the objects. A green checkmark means it's checked out to you. A red "no entry" icon means it's checked out to someone else. No icon means it's checked in. At the moment, the easiest way to see those for all of your projects is under the admin --> project / file system --> file explorer. Here is an example of what it looks like:

Image title

We do have a feature request to add a report for all the checked out items - I added you as a requestor of that feature.

• Who has them checked out?

If you see an object with the red "no entry" icon, you can right click it, open the properties and see who it is checked out to. For example:

Image title

• Any abandoned objects, especially data cubes?

You can see (view, edit and delete) unused objects (including data cubes) under a new option that was added to the admin --> project / file system --> projects view starting from V5. This new option is detailed under the first featured article of the March newsletter.

• Anything else that might be interesting such as how often a dashboard gets used, by whom and what times?

Dundas BI offers a dashboard to track your instance usage. It allows you to see how often users are using the system and for how long. Which dashboards are being viewed the most, which user is the most active and which users are using the self-service capabilities by creating new objects under their own projects ("My Project"). It also offers a detailed report for all of the users activity. You can deploy this dashboard directly from the deployment center as detailed here.

You seem to misunderstand my inquiry;

I’m looking for a BUILT-IN REPORT that gives me a LIST so I don’t have to look at every single project and every area within each project. Having to dig into every project and object area prior to a deploy is time consuming.

If it’s not available which seems it isn’t, I’m going to ask for it as a feature.

As mentioned in my reply above - I've already added you as a requestor to an existing feature request in regards to this matter. You can see the feature request mentioned here.

[quote]

You can see (view, edit and delete) unused objects (including data cubes) under a new option that was added to the admin --> project / file system --> projects view starting from V5. This new option is detailed under the first featured article of the March newsletter.

[/quote]

What about those of us not yet running V5? As stated above I am running version 4.0.2.1008

Prior to V5 you can run a health check that will detect some of the unused objects such as Orphaned Account, Group, and Tenant Data and unused warehouse tables (the full details are listed in the referenced health check article above). Aside from the health check, you can always check the references of a certain object.

So the answer is NO. There is not a report for anyone running anything prior to V5.