Best Practices for account management, or what are you doing now?

We are still in the early stages of deploying Dundas to our company and we are using Active directory authentication on our user accounts. We had an employee leave last week, a developer, and he had an account in both prod and test. He had no data or dashboards yet so in this case I feel like it’s ok to just delete his account, but moving forward I wonder what is the best way to manage user accounts.

Do you delete a user’s account once they leave your environment? I know once a user is gone they won’t be able to login, but they are taking a seat.

How does that affect their My Project? Does that all go away or is there a way to archive it?

Any suggestions for best practices on account management is appreciated.

Hello Joyce. Deleting a user account will delete the contents of the corresponding My Project. If there are specific items in that project that you know you need to keep, then you as the administrator can publish those items into a different project in order to keep them after the deletion. If your goal is more generally to preserve all of their content in case it will be needed later, then I recommend simply disabling the account and switching their seat mode to Floating. A disabled account cannot log in, and a Floating account does not consume a seat except when it is logged in. This way you can keep the user's account and all the contents of their My Project, but they won't be able to access the application and won't consume any of your seats.

Perfect, thanks!. This is the type of information to “de-active an account” I was hoping to find.