Apply State Styles to Entire Row in Transposed Metric Set

I have a metric set with 3 measures, one of which has a state applied to indicate performance. In a standard table, I would be able to Apply State Styles to Entire Row, but the metric set is transposed, so it’s not responding when I check the box. I was hoping there’s a work around (or bug fix) possible to make the three measures match.

Hello Kelly,

Did you try revisuallizing the table as a flat table? That way the states should apply across the entire row.

Hi Lota,
I have revisualized it as a flat table. It works that way, but that doesn’t meet the needs of the organization for usability.

I see, and just to clarify, based on the screenshot you have above. Do you want each “Work” and “Hours” row below every CPH to be colored with the corresponding state of CPH? Or do you just want the state color to be extended to the left to include the CPH column?

Good question. I’d like to have Work and Hours the same color as CPH.

Hi Kelly,

I think I had a similar issue with a transposed metric set. I’m not sure I’m understanding what you mean by applying to entire row, so it may or may not be relevant!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that Lindsey.

@kelly, thanks for clarifying. Please what version of Dundas are you on? Trying to look for possible alternatives.

@Lota, we’re on Version: 8.0.2.1004

Thank you Kelly.

One way to apply the same colour to all three rows based on one row’s value would be to
apply logic in a formula measure instead that returns a value that can be compared with each measure. For example: if ($CPH$ < whatever the state condition is) return $Work$; (then hide this measure).
Then a state could be created for the Work measure with the condition = $Work State Condition Measure$.

PS: You can then change the state style color property for the work and Hours measure to match the corresponding state colors for the CPH measure, Let me know if this works for you.

Hello Kelly,

Hope this was helpful. I could provide a more targeted formula example if need be. What are the column headers of the columns on your table?