Add Custom Colors to the Color Picker (Video Tip)

It always shocks me when users come from other Business Intelligence platforms where they could not control simple things like branding or white-labelling on their dashboards. In Dundas BI, you have complete control of all things styling and branding.

Did you know that you can add your own custom colours to the colour pickers in Dundas BI? Anytime you are allowed to choose a colour from the properties grid within the dashboard content designer, you can have your own colour values present for quick selection. This is an excellent feature if you are looking to make your corporate branding easier to access for your dashboard/report developers or power users. I’ll show you how.

Here is a sample of the input:

[ 
  { "name": "UnicornPink", "value": "#eb34a8" }, 
  { "name": "QuinchieGray", "value": "#acb3b5" } 
]

If you’d like to learn more, I’d recommend you go to my learning channel - Off the Charts (with Jeff).
https://www.dundas.com/resources/off-the-charts-tips-from-an-expert

1 Like

Thank you so much for putting out this quick tip! It will save us oodles of time as a team.

Great, Kelly! Comments like this certainly make me feel like this is worthwhile. I appreciate you taking the time to say something and I’m very glad that these are helpful.

Nice Tip,very helpful. Thanks Jeff

Thanks Jeff!

I’d imagine this isn’t possible but can you do the same with colors with a linear gradient?

Hi @derek.sell,

The colour picker only saves single colour, but having prebuilt gradients is undoubtedly an exciting idea.