Dundas VIP Bookworms

Seriously? Wow, it's so cool. First time, meet a person who read it except me, haha

Information Dashboard Design -by Stephen Few, as I am currently reading it.

Brad Meltzer's 'The Inner Circle'.

Dan Brown's 'The Da Vinci Code'

The only books I've been able to read cover to cover.

Demonstrating To Win - By Robert Reifstahl

Gives some pointers on how to keep people engaged in a demo or meeting.

Really enjoyed The Da Vinci Code. It was one of those books that was difficult to put down!

Non-fiction: books by Naomi Klein or Thomas Homer Dixon

Fiction: The Princess Bride, The Lord of the Rings, and The Lorax

Based on pure entertainment value, I really enjoyed the Zombie Fallout series by Mark Tufo.

Zombie Fallout is what it sounds like, zombie survival fiction. I really enjoyed the series because it doesn't take itself too seriously and is actually quite full of humor. I've read a few of these and listened to several of them on Audible. The narrator of the Audible version makes this series really enjoyable.

The Martian - loved the humour and all the cursing...movie did not do it justice.

Rich Dad, Poor Dad. By Robert T. Kiyosaki.

By the simple raison, after reading it i understand that the best investissement is to invest in yourself. I wanna mean if you chose a job may be your are a self or an employee, give the best in you because more you give more you learn and better you become great.

since currently i (re)-read science fiction, I will recomend

1. The Foundation Series by Issac Asimov

2. The Dispossessed - Ursula Le G

actually almost anything by these authours is a good read

1 Like

Marathon: The Ultimate Training Guide: Advice, Plans, and Programs for Half and Full Marathons

by Hal Higdon

The Functional Art by Alberto Cairo is a great visualization book.

Jordan - here's my synopsis: fascinating concept (and the progress in this field is mind-boggling), but not very well-written. Either Robert Ludlum or Tom Clancy - I can't remember which or the name of the novel - wrote about this concept over 20 years ago, not to mention Isaac Asimov and H.G. Wells also included posthumanism in their novels. This feels like a regurgitation of a combination of those novels with some new technology slapped on like a fresh coat of paint. Don't get me wrong - I thoroughly enjoyed the read.

So here's a question for you: given the current state of the progress in this field, would you - right now - volunteer to be a human guinea pig in an attempt to obtain posthuman capabilities (extended life, enhanced cognition, etc)?

See, I think that's more transhuman capabilities vs. posthuman (i.e. Captain American vs. Dr. Manhattan). Were I offered the opportunity to be enhanced biotechnologically would I say yes? I don't see why not!

All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr - The best World War II novel I've read. Just brilliantly beautiful.

The Name of the Wind - Patrick Rothfuss

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Name_of_the_Wind

All i can say is fantastic!

It's so on my list :-) once I'm done with game of thrones

One of the best books I ever read is "Animal Farm" from George Orwell. The book is a satire about the Sovietic Union during the time o Staline. The moral from the book is resumed in a phrase "All animal are equal, but some are more equal than others". I like this moral, because even it was made about the communist regime it can be applied to all regimes! Don't you ever felt discriminated from others in some occasion?

1 Like

Great book indeed!

My dad raves about this book! He's been trying to get me to read it for years I just haven't!